Xportable Request Form
Xportable (Xp) makes its laptops available to researchers under the following conditions:
- Researchers are responsible for all machines loaned to them, and agree to return all computers by agreed upon date.
- Laptops come with no warranty of reliability or performance. The machines are tested by Xlab prior to check-out and are in good working order but these are not new machines, and they are loaned without charge.
- Xp Computers come "as is, self-service." Xlab staff can NOT provide any assistance in installing, testing, or debugging software on these computers.
- When Xp laptops are returned, Xlab staff will wipe the machines clean to make them ready for the next user.
- The number of computers that can be checked out by a researcher, and the length of time that they can be kept out, is at the discretion of the Xlab staff. The default limit is six computers for six weeks.
Technical questions about Xp can be addressed to Rowilma del Castillo at email@example.com.