Grants for UCB Researchers
Xlab Grants make financial support available to UC Berkeley graduate students engaged in dissertation research and to UC Berkeley post-doc and junior faculty who are interested in conducting experiments as part of their research program.
Investigators can receive one Xlab grant with a possible follow-up grant. Decisions are made by the Director of Xlab. Funding decisions may seek to encourage good research practices, including pre-registration, posting data, and posting research materials.
The grant must be used within 6 months.
Grants are made possible by virtue of Xlab's support by the Dean of the Haas School of Business and the Dean of Social Sciences. We are grateful for their funding.
-Must be UC Berkeley investigator
(graduate students, post-doc, or junior faculty)
-must not have received an Xlab grant in the past
- Complete the Xlab Grant Application Form, a 5 page report (see Phase 1 instructions below), and a letter from your Faculty Advisor.
- Send to Don Moore. E-mail: email@example.com
- Xlab grants the award.
- You spend the money.
- Send Don Moore the results (e.g. working/published papers).
Application Instructions for Grant:
- Complete the Xlab Grant Application Form
- Write a brief report (no more than 5 pages total) covering the:
- Purpose and background of the study
- Related literature
- Experimental design and procedures
- Research question(s)
- Proposed analysis
- Plans for pre-registration and for public posting of research materials and data
- Graduate students only:
include a letter of support (Please address to the Xlab Faculty Director) from your Faculty Advisor --1 page or less, indicating whether he/she supports your request as essential and whether he/she feels you have adequately explored other possible funding sources.
Send complete application package to: Don Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits of Xlab
- New Researchers
- Returning Researchers
- Xlab Hours