Sign Up for Experiments
How do I know when an experiment is available?
Once you have registered (created an account) with SONA, you will receive e-mail invitations to experiments for which you are eligible.
You can also check the Xlab Events Calendar.
Of course, the most sure-fire way to see if you can participate is by logging into your Sona account and looking at which experiments you are eligible for.
How do I sign-up for an experiment timeslot?
- Log in to the Xlab Sona account you created at berkeley.sona-systems.com.
- If any studies are available, they should appear under "Study Sign-Up." Click on "Timeslots Available"
- Read the study information carefully for location, date, time, duration, and description (i.e. payment method), and then click "View Time Slots for This Study."
- Most experiments are conducted in our lab at S460 Haas, but are occasionally conducted in another building on campus. Most experiments are paid by check directly after the experiment. Occasionally, experiments have two parts, with an online pre-screen survey. In this case, you must complete the online survey to be eligible to be in part two; then, you will be paid.
Get the Sona Mobile App for Android, iPhone, and iPad!
- Go to Google Play on Android or the App Store on your iPhone
- Search: "Sona Mobile" (by Sona Systems, Ltd.)
- Install and Open Sona Mobile
- For "Enter URL for your site," enter exactly: https://berkeley.sona-systems.com
- NOTE: You MUST enter the URL exactly as above, including the HTTPS://
- New to the Xlab? Select "Request an Account."
Note to Haas students and others who may use Sona-systems for multiple labs: You can switch labs by going to "Change Site" at the bottom of the screen.
Report problems or questions to the Xlab Tech Support at email@example.com