Before You Register
Xlab Rules and Policies
- You must be registered with the Xlab before you show up to experiments.
- Eligibility: You must be 18 years or older AND a UC Berkeley student/staff. You must show your Cal ID when you take an experiment!
- The Four No-Show Policy: When you sign up for an experiment, you are expected to be there. You can avoid a no-show by cancelling yourself out of an experiment. Four no-shows disables you from signing-up for more.
- First Come, First Served: This applies to signing up online, as well as the actual day of the experiment. We over-recruit to make sure the researcher has a full experiment so we recommend you come 5-10 minutes earlier than the start time of the experiment to grab a spot inside.
- We do not run on "Berkeley time." Experiments start promptly at the time stated. Tardies are marked as no-shows.
- No food or drinks near the computers.
- Payment type is stated when you sign up. Checks are distributed directly at the end of the experiment. Online payments (Amazon electronic gift codes) will be emailed after the experiment.
UCB Staff: University Policy
Per university policy, you cannot use paid work time and get paid for Xlab experiments (no double pay). Please use an unpaid period (i.e. lunch break) to participate in the Xlab.
Now, you are ready to move on to Step 2: Register for the Xlab Subject pool