Follow along with the Part 1 Introductory Presentation slides (pdf)
Follow along with the video: Part 2 slides on Experiment Design (pdf)
News & Announcements for Researchers:
- 2/19/14 — Watch the Xlab's co-founder, Professor John Morgan, give an eloquent introduction about the Xlab (Part I) or give some examples and advice on how to run successful experiments (Part II) on the Xlab's Vimeo account. Feel free to share!
- 9/12/13 — Online studies are now even easier for researchers, Xlab Admin staff, and participants with automatic credit granting thanks to Sona-Systems' newest updates! Avoid duplicates and maintain confidentiality with less hassle. See more in Experiment Options.
- 8/16/13 — Call for Papers! The Symposium on Economic Experiments in Developing Countries will be held on Dec 5-6, 2013 in Norway by The Xlab, The Choice Lab, and CEGA. Deadline to submit your papers is September 30th. See more information in this PDF.
- 8/12/13 — Interested in using XMobile? We are currently seeking beta-test ideas for version 1.0 of XMobile. If you have a human subjects experiment in mind that leverages mobile computing, contact us at email@example.com. We will use your input to assemble the right set of hardware, software, and support services. Our aim is to handle the mobile technology for the researcher.
- 06/04/13 — As you know, all research involving human subjects must receive prior approval from Berkeley’s Institutional Review Board (here known as the Office/Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects). Recently, the Behavioral Lab at Haas obtained authorization to conduct in-house review for some research protocol. Haas School investigators are now invited to avail themselves of that service.
A Few Benefits of Conducting Experiments at the Xlab:
- Free administrative and technology support from Xlab staff (no charge for use of the facility)
- Access to a pool of over 5,000 registered subjects consisting of UCB students, staff, and alumni
- Grants are available for subject payments
- Dedicated and experienced staff
- See a full list of benefits and the details under Benefits of Xlab
Eligibility of Researchers
Registered graduate students, faculty, and official visiting scholars or postdocs in the University of California, Berkeley.
How to Begin
- New Researchers: Researchers who have not worked with the Xlab before, please follow the links for New Researchers and read instructions thoroughly.
- Returning Researchers: "Seasoned" Xlab researchers may click on the appropriate page for instructions on how to schedule your next experiment.
- Benefits of Xlab
- New Researchers
- Returning Researchers
- Xlab Hours