Archived News & Announcements
Ordered by more recent announcements towards the top of each list. Links may no longer be active.
- On Nov 29-30, 2012, Xlab will be hosting the 2nd Symposium on "Economic Experiments in Developing Countries" at the Blum Center on the UC Berkeley campus, co-organized by CEGA, NHH Choice Lab. See CEGA and NHH for more infomation.
- (May 2012) Xlab Director Shachar Kariv receives grant for "Xmobile" See article.
- 6/3/13 - Winners of the $50 Amazon gift code raffle have been chosen from the online survey in October 2012 on emotion recognition (Exp. A2012-03-4098)! Please check your email to claim your prize!
- Summer Sessions 2013: Xlab will have some experiments during Summer! Please check Facebook/Twitter for experiment announcements.
- Graduates! Transfer to the Alumni pool for online/smartphone experiments and get paid by virtual Visa or Amazon!
- Spring 2013: The new website is looking great!
- The Sona Mobile app is free for Android and Apple
- (Spring 2013) Share the Halls: due to the increased traffic in the hallways, please do not sit on the floor when waiting for an experiment. Please be courteous to the pedestrians and do not block the hallway.
- Xmobile (Xm) is the latest advance from the Xlab: a smartphone-based platform for conducting experiments and surveys "in the wild"--i.e., at the point of decision outside the lab. Xlab Director Shachar Kariv and Prof. Raja Sengupta have already field-tested Xm on a small-scale experiment and will be conducting a large-scale field test this semester. Our intent is to make Xm freely available to all UCB investigators. Stay tuned for more about Xmobile!
- 10/16/12 - Portable Xlab (XP) now available. Host your experiment anywhere on campus!
- Online experiments available! Payout via Amazon gift codes or Citibank virtual Visa account. Contact Miho for further information.
- Xlab's Newsletter XFlash! #19 is out now! Read more about Xmobile, Portable Xlab (Xp), online experiments, eProtocol, and grants.