Archived News & Announcements
Ordered by more recent announcements towards the top of each list. Links may no longer be active.
- XFlash #21 is available. Click here to view.
- XMobile is shifting the way social science experiments are conducted from the lab to the real world! Check it out on the XMobile website.
- Summer 2013: Yes! Xlab experiments will be available. Check Facebook/Twitter for experiment announcements!
- On Nov 29-30, 2012, Xlab will be hosting the 2nd Symposium on "Economic Experiments in Developing Countries" at the Blum Center on the UC Berkeley campus, co-organized by CEGA, NHH Choice Lab. See CEGA and NHH for more infomation.
- (May 2012) Xlab Director Shachar Kariv receives grant for "Xmobile" See article.
- Welcome back for spring 2014! Experiments start next week on Jaunary 28. Sign up on Sona!
- 10/01/13 - We are not affected by the power outage. Haas School of Business and Xlab are OPEN.
- 8/28/13 - Welcome (back) to Cal! We have many experiments on the way so keep an eye on your inbox/Facebook/Twitter!
- 8/12/13 - Thank you to our XMobile (smartphone) participants who have given us feedback and been patient during our beta testing of XMobile. See how your past participation in XMobile might affect future decisions at: xmobile.berkeley.edu. Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming XMobile experiments!
- 6/3/13 - Winners of the $50 Amazon gift code raffle have been chosen from the online survey in October 2012 on emotion recognition (Exp. A2012-03-4098)! Please check your email to claim your prize!
- Summer Sessions 2013: Xlab will have some experiments during Summer! Please check Facebook/Twitter for experiment announcements.
- Graduates! Transfer to the Alumni pool for online/smartphone experiments and get paid by virtual Visa or Amazon!
- Spring 2013: The new website is looking great!
- The Sona Mobile app is free for Android and Apple
- (Spring 2013) Share the Halls: due to the increased traffic in the hallways, please do not sit on the floor when waiting for an experiment. Please be courteous to the pedestrians and do not block the hallway.
- Watch John Morgan present an introduction about the Xlab and give helpful examples of experiment design on the Researcher's home page. Feel free to share the videos!
- 5/20/14: Xlab Grant Apps are CLOSED for Spring '14. Apps will be accepted once again starting July 1st, 2014.
- 9/12/13 — Online studies are now even easier for researchers, Xlab Admin staff, and participants with automatic credit granting thanks to Sona-Systems' newest updates! Avoid duplicates and maintain confidentiality with less hassle. See more in Experiment Options.
- 8/16/13 — Call for Papers! The Symposium on Economic Experiments in Developing Countries will be held on Dec 5-6, 2013 in Norway by The Xlab, The Choice Lab, and CEGA. Deadline to submit your papers is September 30th. See more information in this PDF.
- 8/12/13 — Interested in using XMobile? We are currently seeking beta-test ideas for version 1.0 of XMobile. If you have a human subjects experiment in mind that leverages mobile computing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use your input to assemble the right set of hardware, software, and support services. Our aim is to handle the mobile technology for the researcher.
- 06/04/13 — As you know, all research involving human subjects must receive prior approval from Berkeley’s Institutional Review Board (here known as the Office/Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects). Recently, the Behavioral Lab at Haas obtained authorization to conduct in-house review for some research protocol. Haas School investigators are now invited to avail themselves of that service.
- Researchers: Call for Papers! The Symposium on Economic Experiments in Developing Countries will be held on Dec 5-6, 2013 in Norway by The Xlab, The Choice Lab, and CEGA. Deadline to submit your papers is September 30th. See more information in this PDF.
- Xmobile (Xm) is the latest advance from the Xlab: a smartphone-based platform for conducting experiments and surveys "in the wild"--i.e., at the point of decision outside the lab. Xlab Director Shachar Kariv and Prof. Raja Sengupta have already field-tested Xm on a small-scale experiment and will be conducting a large-scale field test this semester. Our intent is to make Xm freely available to all UCB investigators. Stay tuned for more about Xmobile!
- 10/16/12 - Portable Xlab (XP) now available. Host your experiment anywhere on campus!
- Online experiments available! Payout via Amazon gift codes or Citibank virtual Visa account. Contact Miho for further information.
- Xlab's Newsletter XFlash! #19 is out now! Read more about Xmobile, Portable Xlab (Xp), online experiments, eProtocol, and grants.